The Health Council of West Central Florida, Inc. (HCWCF) serves residents in Hardee, Highlands, Hillsborough, Manatee and Polk counties. Our most recent 990 Report is posted on guidestar.org
The mission of HCWCF is to provide information, insight, and solutions to address current and emerging health and wellness needs in our communities.
To accomplish our mission, we:
- Provide comprehensive assessment, planning and advisory services to meet the health related needs of the public, non-profit and governmental agencies;
- Provide education and public dialogue on health challenges facing our community;
- Identify opportunities for collaboration across sectors;
- Assist grassroots efforts with administrative and financial oversight services
Our qualified staff members can provide technical guidance to non-profit and government agencies regarding:
- Survey design and implementation; conducting focus groups and key informant interviews
- Collection and analysis of demographic, service and epidemiological data
- Strategic and long-range planning related to social determinants of health including community health needs assessments and community health improvement plans
- Program design, implementation, and evaluation
- Grant research
- Coalition building
- Community education on health issues
Please contact us at [email protected] to discuss how our talented staff can meet your need.
Teresa A. Kelly,
Teresa is a graduate of the University of South Florida. She has served the Health Council of West Central Florida for nearly 25 years in various positions before becoming the Executive Director in 2015. She developed a passion for health equity early in her career while working with the indigenous peoples of the Miccosukee Tribe and the United South and Eastern Tribes. Her professional background also includes work in behavioral health organizations and community planning and development in the Tampa Bay area.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Victoria Kasdan RN
Eric Folkens, M.D.
James Wesley Nall
Patricia Metcalf ARNP
Board of Directors by county:
Our Board of Directors is appointed by each County Commission to represent the concerns of health care consumers, providers, and purchasers at the local level. Current members are:
Jennifer DeJesus, Consumer
Patricia Mecalf, ARNP Provider
Russell Patterson, Consumer 60+
Eric Folkens, M.D. Provider (Vice-Chair)
Victoria Kasdan, RN Purchaser (Chair)
James Wesley Nall, Consumer 60+(Secretary/Treasurer)